Chronic pain, wherever it lies, can feel debilitating. It can keep you from enjoying your favorite activities and performing everyday tasks.
At Southwest Florida Neurosurgical Associates, we don’t want you to suffer any longer, so we offer minimally invasive procedures and options to help you heal and improve your quality of life.
Multiple Treatments for Multiple Ailments
Our capable staff can perform a variety of injections to give you relief, including:
- Cervical and Lumbar Epidural. Irritated spinal nerves can cause tingling and numbness. With this procedure, your doctor will inject a steroid into the epidural space to reduce inflammation.
- Facet. Arthritis, injury, and mechanical stress can damage the delicate facet joints in the spine. Facet joint injections in Cape Coral, FL involve injecting local anesthetic and steroid medication to block the pain. We can also use this technique to pinpoint your pain’s source.
- Trigger point. Poor posture, muscle overuse, and fibrymyalgia can cause trigger points that feel tender when pressed. Trigger point injections contain local anesthetics and medication to render the point inactive.
- Transforaminal. Nerves branch from the spinal column and extend into the back, arms, and legs. If an abnormal vertebrae or disc irritates the nerve roots, you can feel pain along the entire nerve. To alleviate this, your doctor will inject steroids into the spine’s opening at the nerve root, reducing swelling.
- Sacroiliac Joint. Sacroiliac joints sit next to the spine, connecting the sacrum with the hip. Inflammation and dysfunction can cause pain in the area, so we use anesthetic and sacroiliac joint injections in Punta Gorda, FL to reduce inflammation.
Request an Appointment
If you experience pain in your back, neck, or spine, schedule an appointment with us by calling 239.432.0774. We’ll discuss your options, whether you need a simple trigger point injection or a more complex epidural steroid injection in Fort Myers, FL; Punta Gorda, FL; Cape Coral, FL; or any of the surrounding areas.